For general questions about Ophelia Project programs, please review the curriculum credibility page.
If you need immediate assistance for yourself or your child,
please follow the recommendations for help from stopbullying.gov.
Former Ophelia Project Staff and Consultants:
Click on an individual's name to send an email!
- Susan Wellman, Founder of The Ophelia Project
- Consulting and Training Programs: While Susan is not actively consulting and training, she is more than happy to help schools find direction and provide guidance in creating a safer social culture.
- Charisse Nixon, Ph.D.
- Education and Experience: Dr. Nixon served as the Director of Research for The Ophelia Project. She is currently an Associate Professor of Psychology at Pennylvania State University, The Behrend College
- Speaking Engagements: Dr. Nixon is a nationally renowned inspririational speaker as well as author and researcher in the areas of relational aggression and adolescent development.
- Leigh Anne Kraemer-Naser, M.Ed.
- Education and Experience: M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction (Gannon University), B.A. Elementary Education (Mercyhurst University), Bullying Prevention Specialist Certificate (Teachers Without Borders), CDA Professional Development Specialist (Council for Professional Recognition); Leigh Anne served as the Director of Curriculum and Programming for The Ophelia Project 2009 - 2013; Currently, Leigh Anne is the Owner and Director of Curriculum Solution Center; full Curriculum Vitae available at www.lakraemer.com
- Consulting and Training Programs: All Ophelia Project Curricula and Programs
- Speaking Engagements: Leigh Anne speaks at the local, state, and national levels for students, parents, and teachers in the areas of bullying prevention, levels of aggression and bullying, cyberbullying, and communication skills. Leigh Anne also conducts training and workshops on the alignment of social-emotion learning with core subject curriculum standards and best practices in portfolio assessment.
- Mary Baird, MS, RN
- Education and Experience: Mary served as the Executive Director of The Ophelia Project from 1999-2009. She has co-authored or contributed to Ophelia Project curriculum. Presently, Mary is teaching nursing yet continues to be very interested in working with adolescents who desire to mentor younger students. Mary has traveled across the US training high school mentors to work within their own school system to affect positive change.
- Consulting and Training Programs: Adult Mentor Training (Meaningful Mentoring Matters), Middle School Mentoring Program (RAPS: Relationships are Pathways to Success)
- Jane Kerschner, NCOC, PCC
- Education and Experience: Jane served as the Program Director for The Ophelia Project. As an educator for over 35 years, she now works with school leaders and team to create environments where both students and adults feel safe to bring their whole selves into the learning process. Currently, Jane owns and operates Kaleidoscope Coaching and Consulting
- From her home base in Washington, D.C., Jane offers:
- A systemic change approach to changing/improving the culture in educational settings so all feel safe to learn and grow.
- Training and curriculum to support the empowering Latina educators, girls, and their parents in their school community in partnership with LaTrenza Leadership (TM).
- Coaching for individuals and teams to identify and manifest their purpose in the service of others.
Other Notable Speakers, Researchers, and Authors on Relational Aggression, Bullying, and Cyberbullying:
- Kathy Masarie (Founder, Family Empowerment Network)
- Barbara Coloroso (Author, The Bully, The Bullied, and the Bystander)
- Stan Davis (Founder, Stop Bullying Now)
- Sameer Hinduja (Co-Director, Cyberbullying Research Center)
- Justin Patchin (Co-Director, Cyberbullying Research Center)
- Rachel Simmons (Author of Odd Girl Out)
- Robin Todd (Director, Bully Police Arizona)